Schwob AG

History

1872
Schwob Frères is established in Berne

1917
Change of the corporate name to Schwob & Co., Leinenweberei Bern 

1940
Schwob transforms from a limited partnership to a joint-stock company and is renamed Schwob & Co. AG

1980
Acquisition of Schmid & Cie. linen weaving mill in Burgdorf (established 1750)

1993
A ll business activities of Schwob & Co. AG are transferred to Burgdorf

2008
Fusion with three textile-care companies:
Schärer AG in Olten
Eclipse AG in Alresheim
TexAG in Niederuzwil
All businesses begin operating under the name of Schwob AG

2008
Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification

2009
Certification by FLO-CERT (Fairtrade Max Havelaar)

2010
ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certification

2012
Investment in new Dornier/Stäubli Jacquard machine

2013
Hotel and restaurant business area is expanded to include clinics and residential homes; range expanded to include work wear for kitchen/serving staff and bedding systems

2008 - 2018
Ongoing refitting of the laundries, to reduce consumption of resources, including new ironing lines, dryers, serviette-folding machines and finishers for garment processing.
Investment in a new washing plant

2015
Acquisition of Jonenthal Wäscherei AG in Jonen and integration into Schwob AG

2017
Investment in new Dornier/Stäubli Jacquard machine

2017
International RWin sector award for Textile Service of the Year